Friday, May 1, 2009

Don't know what's wrong with me!!!!!!!

I know better.
But here I sit as the rain pours over each wound.
Lost in an oblivion full of truths and awakenings, each behind a wall I can't climb.
I see you through the glass, you stare blankly at my tortured eyes, and all I can do is turn away, shattered.
I will your embrace to meet mine halfway but alone we remain, trapped in a frame.
Picture perfect with nowhere to go, nothing to say, no way to find you.
But under the kiln a fragment of you remains, jagged and beautiful, broken and the most perfect thing I have ever known.
Even though I know better.
Forget everything else, I just want tonight to be what it had been before suffering in you became the norm.
Just give me obsession, grant me the lesson learned when one knows not to give up.
Let go with these easy leaves in the breezy spring even though I will still hold you close.
My soul is never my own.
I don't know how many I hold but bedtime is never soon enough, my eyes won't close when I dread missing out on your love, on you, love.
What good is in this when all that I do is miss you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Can i ever be more of an idiot? I wrote a comment and noticed a teeny tiny picture below, clicked it, then dun dun dun... realized it was a trashcan for 'delete'. Anyhow~

I was cruising through the ae forums, traveled through the internet galaxy, when my spaceship landed on an eloquent writer's blog. Your words have this raw, thoughtful, and unfiltered quality to it, which is what drew me in.

WOO for comments from random strangers