Monday, November 3, 2008

Someday this will be of yore, haha...

Today is the first day of the rest of your lives. How many times is that stupid quote going to circle my head? Why do I wanna spend time thinking about how I'm going to spend the rest of my life when I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow? Well, technically since I count tomorrow as the time span between the time I wake up once I fall asleep and the time I deem worthy to finally fall asleep again, I will be voting tomorrow. For the first time ever! I'm pumped, thank you Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton. Without you, my opinion would mean nothing...
Anyway, I just wanted to mention that.
I'm so excited though. It's like this mounting bubble of anticipation.
I'm voting!
I'm going to make a difference!
If Obama wins, I will have consciously contributed to making the country I live in a better place. And god knows we need all the help we can get, right? I mean jesus..............
It would have been nice on feminist standards if I could vote for a woman, but even so, any change from the typical republican "god-sent" right-wing conservative is a step in the right direction...
And isn't it wonderful that by typing that I almost fear in the back of my head that I shouldn't be-like big brother is somehow gonna get the memo and get me while I sleep? I mean, I may just be paranoid but who's to say that I'm actually free to have my own opinion on the matter when I can't even get married in a church that would be ready and willing to perform the services, except for the fact that the government isn't giving the f*cking go-ahead? How the hell does THAT make sense? You let me know and I'll thank you.
And another thing that makes me mad is all the people who are actually voting republican again after experiencing first-hand all the misery we've been sharing for the past 8 years. Isn't that enough? You want more proof that you're f*cking morons? Well then go ahead, force the people who actually understand the debated to suffer for your ignorance. You know what we need? Stat? A t.v. station- "Politics for dummies" where all the issues are broken down into 1st grade level sentences that even f*cking george dubblyuh would understand. I swear to god... Someone like an unbiased Mr. Rogers making sense of all those big words the ignorant conservative people are too lazy to f*cking google, and maybe even pushing the idea that all people are really people, no matter what they look like or believe. I mean, isn't that the point of all the stories you were read as a child, assuming you attended a public school... that's another thing we need... more emphasis on ethics from grade one... there's nothing we're going to do about that though, who wants our tax dollars going to acceptance and compassion when we can spend it on guns to kill the "diaper heads", right?
grrrrr.........
I wish I had more power. Things have so much unmet potential for good.

No comments: