Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Homosexual Synonym

a piece of the pie-chart,
first red and now blue
a taste of the rainbow,
first here now removed
a god whispers admissions
appears in your food...

-yeah, that's rational.-

the contemporary vanity,
a golden cross to dress
the utter lack of sanity
lays a 15 year old to rest

a shirt tie-dyed in water
pinned hanging in the sun
stained with blood and rainbow tears
the battle's just begun

a sickened soul stands challenging
the first down to the last
a mother stands, joins the machine
and must mourn the next attack

the happy days renounce the haze
of opinions before truth
the personal maze of hazardous days
become as political as the ruse

my unheralded praise of a remodeling age
magnifies then withers with loss
my bewilderment stays in focus and plays
on my fears and my freedom's cost

I wonder these days: if I'm led astray,
then what's the problem really about?
Am I so immoral that even the fucking
rapists will beat me out?

Am I such a threat that even the abusive
husbands are handed these things
way before any such "scandalous whore"
as myself could be exchanging those rings?

Am I really such sleaze that even the free
won't nourish my need for reform?
Does it really make sense to consider the "blessed"
the ones causing us all of this harm?

And isn't it true that pedophiles too,
may exchange vows and reproduce?
But you're telling me that none of these things
is worse than the rainbow enhancing my bruise?

No comments: